The results of the 1st North Leaside vs South Leaside School Challenge are in!
Here are the results:
- Bessborough (food raised): 1,016 pounds
- Rolph Rd (food raised): 1,185 pounds
- Bessborough and Rolph Rd (cash donations): $1,895 (which equals 1,895 pounds of food)
South Leaside Total: 4,096 pounds of food raised
- Northlea (food raised) 2,711 pounds
- Northlea (cash donations) $2,050 (which equals 2,050 pounds of food)
North Leaside Total: 4,761 pounds of food raised
North Leaside WINS the challenge (with a difference of 665 pounds of food raised).
Collectively – the 3 schools combined for almost 9,000 pounds of food raised.
Unbelievable! Congratulations are in order to all three schools. Northlea increased their donation from last year (2,200 pounds last year), and Bessborough and Rolph Rd totally stepped up and embraced the drive, and really gave Northlea a run for its money!
We hope that all three schools will participate in the challenge again next year!
Look for overall final total food drive results this week.
Mark (Sarah’s dad)