It’s the last week of the food drive (food drive ends Friday, October 5th). It has been a very busy couple of weeks since we started, and this week will get even busier. We are on our way to our goal of 12,000 pounds of food raised, but still need your help!
As of today, we have raised over $2,000 (equivalent of over 2,000 pounds of food) as well as close to 100 Thanksgiving hampers (equivalent to another 2,500 pounds of food).
There is still time to get involved! Here’s what’s happening this week, and how you can help.
In addition to the 3 easy ways to donate below, we have 2 NEW ways to donate this week.
3 Easy Ways To Donate
- Make a cash donation through my online donation page (every dollar = one pound of food)
- Drop off food in specially marked bins at Tremblett’s Valu-Mart (1500 Bayview Ave.) until Friday, October 5th
- Buy a Thanksgiving hamper for $25 at Tremblett’s Valu-Mart until Wednesday, October 3rd
2 NEW Ways To Donate This Week
- Participate in the 1st Annual North Leaside vs South Leaside School Challenge – for students at Rolph Road Elementary School, Bessborough Drive Elementary and Middle School, and Northlea Public School — the Challenge Is ON! (runs October 1st – 5th) See full details here.
- Get a ham…Give a ham. Thanks to the generosity of Patrick Rocca and Tremblett’s Valu-Mart, when you make a $200 purchase at Tremblett’s Valu-Mart, until October 3rd, get a FREE spiral ham, and a ham gets donated to the food drive!
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far.
Thank you also to incredible support from our amazing friends and community:
- Rob and Jessie Tremblett at Tremblett’s Valu-Mart
- Patrick Rocca
- The merchants of Locallea
- PJ Kwong
- Eric Anweiler, Cathie Wilgar, and all the coaches and skaters at the North Toronto Skating Club
- All the teachers, students and parents at Rolph Road Elementary School, Bessborough Drive Elementary and Middle School and Northlea Public School
Here’s to the final week!